Registered as being compliant with BSI ISO 14001 : 2004 Environmental Standard since 2006, Phoenix County Metals acknowledges the environment as a business issue and undertakes to conduct its activities in an environmentally friendly manner.
Phoenix County Metals is a well established company, recovering precious metals from various sources and industries. As such we are committed to preventing pollution and wasteful consumption of natural resources for sustainable development.
We are registered as being compliant with ISO 14001 : 2004 Environmental Standard.
Our policy towards the effective management of the environment is as follows:
- We will, at all times, comply with mandatory, legal and other requirements for all activities and processes and link to environmental site aspects carried out at our premises at Great Central Way, Woodford Halse. In addition we will use whatever influence we can to promote the same to all suppliers and sub-contractors performing activities on our behalf, whether on or off site.
- We intend as a primary objective to continually reduce and, wherever possible, prevent pollution resulting from the company’s activities and processes.
- We will utilise the full potential of the work force by providing all necessary training and a working environment that promotes safe and clean working practices.
- We shall continually monitor our activities and processes in order to ensure efficient use of resources and to identify actual or potential sources of pollution with a view to implementing controls and necessary emergency response procedures thus minimising waste generation, environmental impact and nuisance to neighbours.
- On a six monthly basis, we will review the environmental performance of the company in order to:
- i) Ensure compliance with the requirements of legislation and this policy;
- ii) Identify areas for improvement, set specific objectives for the company and wherever possible, target dates for achievement.
In addition to this policy being displayed and distributed to all our employees, copies will be made available to any organisations or individuals without prejudice to those who make such a request.